Our clients at Natural Pod make long-lasting, sustainable furniture designed to foster collaboration, creativity and innovation in learning environments. They serve educators and children ages K-12, as well as create common and collaboration spaces. Since their inception, they have worked with thousands of different learning organizations. They have helped create learning and play environments educators and students desire to support 21st century learning.
They are seeking an eager Social Media Coordinator / Graphic Designer who can work on their own from home while collaborating with their team to help them shine and look great online and in print.
Their business continues to grow and it’s time for them to expand their marketing team to support the growth of their business. This role will help support marketing and design efforts in alignment with the company’s vision and values and will work closely with our Chief Design Officer and Director of Marketing.
As a nimble, super smart, roll-up-your-sleeves Social Media Coordinator with strong graphic design sensibilities and skills, you are passionate about emerging technologies, the social media landscape and great design. You will be responsible for applying social media tools and best practices in everyday communication, marketing, and customer service activities and to ensure all marketing, catalog and print design looks engaging.
- Expand online conversations with our customers and community in all our main social channels
- Strategize and develop social media campaigns with our Director of Marketing
- Create and maintain daily and monthly editorial calendar for social media account activity
- Implement social media best practices and guidelines for executing promotions and campaigns
- Ensure consistency of messaging across multiple networks
- Manage coordination of all blog posts and uploads to platforms such as WordPress
- Gain an understanding and assisting in the conceptual design process through to presentation of a concept to client.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or journalism preferred; or relevant combination of diploma and experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in social media marketing, public relations, graphic design or communications
- Well versed in business focused applications for social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite, Pinterest, YouTube
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Graphic design skills using the Adobe Suite of tools (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.) Video editing skills would be a plus
- Interest in 3d modelling would be an asset. This will include Sketchup.
- Proven capability to successfully execute multiple social media programs from inception to completion
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed for social media monitoring
Please email a cover letter along with your resume at naturalpod.com/careers – They thank all of those who apply for their interest; only those who are shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please.